Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hosting a baby shower for Cathy!

Cathy is one of my very best friends and she is having her THIRD baby so I offered to host a baby shower for her! Right from the get go I got annoyed.....her wonderful husband, Scott, didn't want them to find out the sex of the baby! I'm STILL shocked that she gave in....but what a good wifey (I wouldn't have done this....even though I DEARLY love my husband)!! They have a boy and a girl already so he wanted a "surprise!" So, that just made my love for planning and shopping much harder! :) She actually went through a phase of wanting to have the shower AFTERWARDS, but I finally convinced her we should do it before (I'm so glad she gave in)! I thought it turned out really cute and everything worked out just fine! They picked out two names for the baby both having the same initials! However, less than one week before the shower they decided on Kellen Harris Hendricks whether boy or girl!! So, I felt the need to have at least one thing with the baby's name on it! I rushed out and bought these little wooden letters and painted them! :) Anyways.....the shower came and went (the day before we left for vacation for a week) and I hope Cathy enjoyed her shower as much as I enjoyed planning it! :)

Cute little cake bites I made that were a HUGE hit!: )
The food! :)
Letters I painted and the little vase of favors!
Cathy opening gifts!



No comments:

Post a Comment