So, Jamie and I have been discussing for a long time that we should go on an overnight trip without the kids! Well, that is REALLY hard for me to even think about.....much less doing! The ONLY time we've ever left the kids is when I was in the hospital having the other kids and then when we went to Faris' engagement party in Houston in May of 07! That was a QUICK trip and something we HAD to do....wasn't really optional and just for "us" to get away! So, Jamie has really been talking about it lately so for Father's Day....the boys gave him a canvas picture thing and I gave him a hotel confirmation for one night in St. Augustine in a card from me! :) I know...long way away...huh?!?!?! We have to start with baby steps though! lol He was totally surprised and excited! We decided to go on a Sunday night because my mom doesn't work on Mondays and we thought things would be less crowded and that way Jamie didn't have to give up one of his weekend days with the boys! :) The reservation was for last night! Well, let's just say that my hotel choice looked great online and it was beachfront in St. Augustine, but NOT somewhere we could possibly sleep! It was gross and I knew that we had to do something...so we went back in and they didn't even hesitate to give us our money back and we ended up at the Renaissance Hotel at the World Golf Village....VERY nice! We had dinner at Outback (after hitting the outlet mall) and then rented the movie "Four Christmases" in our room! It was so nice not having to worry about getting anyone ready for bed or anything! We got up this morning and went and got pedicures (both of us...Jamie has been wanting a pedicure for as long as I can remember) and ate lunch, shopped more and came home! We were gone just under 24 hours, but had fun! The boys did just fine with Gigi....but there was a minor problem! My mom called me to ask me where our flashlights are?!?!? The electricity was off due to a storm....and G&C really get worked up over the lights being off....so she waited it out for a while and then we decided for her to load everyone up (and two dogs) and head to her house! It was just easier and more convenient for EVERYONE to stay here, but under the circumstances, they couldn't possibly stay in a dark, hot house.....they all survived at Gigi's and the boys missed us, but had fun too!! Can't say that it's something we'll do very often, but it was nice!


Jamie happy about his pedicure, but NOT happy that I had my camera handy! :) WHAT was he thinking?!?!?!?
Girl, you and Jamie need to get off more. I am in shock that this was the first time you have been overnight without them. You never cease to amaze me. Jason and I are so different and most people call us crazy. We actually went to Mexico for a week and then to China for a week when Brody was 5 months old. Call us crazy - I know!!
ReplyDelete